Here are the "rumors" being reported thus far:
- The current title is Superman: Man of Steel (clever)
- The very brief synopsis from the script is, "Clark Kent is a journalist traveling the world trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman." (sweet Jesus this is the best we could come up with?)
- The movie is reported to be more of a Clark Kent movie, not a Superman Movie (WTF?).
- Darren Aronofsky passed on the project because the script is a mess (posts above make it sound like it is still a mess)
- Apparently, Warner Bros. picked Snyder for the script because it was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won't spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e. Aronofsky), (God forbid we get it right after the disaster we all suffered through by Singer)
- The studio must have a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the superhero's creators. (well it's not like WB has anybody on payroll that could help clean it up. Geoff Johns?, John Byrne?, Mark Waid? Grant Morrison?, Dan Jurgens?)
- David Goyer's script is said to involve series staple General Zod, famously played by Terence Stamp in the first two "Superman" pictures, and Callum Blue on recent episodes of "Smallville". (really Zod? He's been recycled more times than a plastic water bottle.)
- Lastly, hopefully the woman pictured at the top of the page is in it (no confirmation yet)
Let us know if you have any tidbits about the movie you would like to share or any ideas!
via: moviehole, vulture, collider