Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mark Hamill: Joker Dies In Arkham Asylum II?

In a recent interview with IGN Mark Hamill, who is already many a comic book fan's favorite Joker, talks about what it's been like to lend his voice to the role as well as what convinced him to sign on to play the character once again in Batman: Arkham Asylum and the upcoming sequel!  Below is a highlight of the interview.
My answer to developers Rocksteady for the sequel was, 'Guys, we're never going to be able to top the original.' It was so claustrophobic. There were so many abilities like the stealth mode, and all those things you can do with the new technology. I wanted to be able to say I'd gone out on a high note."

"Of course they translated my hesitance to me holding out for a bigger salary! But I said, 'No.' I never looked at it like, 'Boy, I'm going to make a truckload of money.' I really did want it to be good. I got on the phone with Rocksteady and they really reassured me and told me what they were going to do with the sequel. But I'm sworn to secrecy!"

"This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah."

No comments:

Post a Comment