Thankfully, some incredibly hard working folks over at Arkhamcity.co.uk have released some facts on Batman: Arkham City that provides fans with some game-play details that the Dark Knight will take advantage of in the eagerly anticipated sequel. Here you go!
- Batman will have special moves that can hit up to three enemies at once
- He'll also have new air attacks - one of them involves Bats hanging by a cord and jumping over the enemies and disarming them.
- You can return to the starting point of the jump or carry on with the fight. There is also a diving swivel attack which hits two enemies at once.
- Batman now has special combat moves (apparently called "Terminators"). One of them is called "Fallen" and is a combination of quick punches with a vertical kick that launches the enemy into the air giving The Dark Knight a second aerial shot.
- There are also other attacks where Batman combines combos and equipment to take out foes.
- Batman will be able to climb all objects including buildings and wires (he'll be able to balance on them, something similar to what was seen in the Assassin's Creed II).
- You will also be able to slide underneath objects, cling to poles and rods, and perform gymnastic maneuvers. You can slide down ramps to grab an enemy as well.
- Batman now has a feature where he can dodge projectiles shot from firearms. It can also be used for normal attacks.
- Batman will be able to grab enemies mid-flight.
- When Batman is soaring, if you go toward a window he performs a motion diving with his feet to smash the window and execute a surprise attack.
- Batman can now run and use gadgets at the same time. You can also run, jump and hit at the same time. Batarangs can be thrown even when Batman jumps into the air.
- A new gadget upgrades Batman's "leap" (Translation is confusing but it seems to suggest some sort of cape upgrade that expands into wings, can also "attack enemies")
Via: Comic Book Movies and Arkhamcity.co.uk