Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christopher Lee's He-Man Art, Entitled, "Mr. Villains Class of 1983" is in a Class By Itself

Each and every time I stumble upon a piece of art by Christopher Lee, I am taken back at the simplistic beauty and creativity of his drawings.  Now, Christopher has blessed me two-fold - his beautiful art combined with one of my favorite all-time animated shows, He-Man.

This work entitled, "Mr. Villains Class of 1983" is power of Grayskulltastc and worthy of MOTU fame!  Although, Eternia High looks like a big old sausage fest.  At least the Sorceress is a pretty nice piece of  cougar ass!

Here's what Christopher had to say about his MOTU creation:
Rivet Gallery in Columbus, Ohio invited me to participate in their group art show entitled "We'll Be Right Back...After These Messages". The show pays homage to the classic cartoons of the 80's and early 90's. Those two time periods were the prime of my childhood, so I created a piece that showcases one of my favorite shows from that era...He-Man and The Masters of the Universe. I've been dying to do a fan piece for a while now so this was the perfect way to celebrate nostalgia. This is a giclée print made in a edition of 50.
via: Super Punch & Christopher Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment