- Storyboards from "Batman" went for $4,000.
- Design Plans for the Batwing sold for $700.
- A lock of Ronald Reagan's hair for $2,500.
- A chair from Monroe's last photo shoot that went for $35,000.
- A dress worn by Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face for $56,250.
- Prince's handwritten lyrics to Purple Rain sold for $67,650.
- A Jimmy Hendrix Fender Stratocaster sold for $180,000.
- One of Elvis Presley's shirts pulled in $61,200.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Christopher Reeves' Superman Costume Sells for $32,500
Superman IV costume, has sold for $32,500 at a Las Vegas Auction House's sale of Hollywood Legends memorabilia over the weekend. This may have been more money than the worst Superman movie ever made actually made when it was released in theatres.Christopher Reeves'
Perhaps the most interesting items at the auction were three x-rays of the late Hollywood actress Marilyn Monroe's chest and pelvis, which were taken during a hospital visit, have sold for $45,000. The X-rays came from a visit by the actress to Hollywood's Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in 1954.
Other items sold included: