Monday, August 30, 2010

NY POST Breaks News that DC Comics Will Have Two Batmans (Bat-Men) and Bruce Gets a New Suit


THE NEW YORK POST broke a HUGE comic related story this morning, not only will Bruce Wayne be returning to a new set of Batman duds, but his first sidekick, Dick Grayson, will continue to fight crime on the streets of Gotham as Batman, and under the banner of “Batman Inc.”

But what does that mean for the Batman titles moving forward?

Thankfully for Batman fans, DC's The Source gave us the breakdown.

Starting in November, DETECTIVE COMICS, BATMAN and BATMAN AND ROBIN will feature the ongoing adventures of Dick Grayson as Batman, with Damian as Robin. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne will take center stage in the pages of Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette’s BATMAN INC. and writer/artist David Finch’s BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT.

Batman Group Editor Mike Marts unveiled the Cover from BATMAN INC and told the The Source:
“Just as readers were getting comfortable with the idea of former sidekick Dick Grayson playing the role of Batman, along comes Bruce Wayne’s triumphant return to the Cape and Cowl. Is Gotham City ready for two Batmen? Is the world? And who’s to say the fun will end there?”
I am so pissed about this announcement that I can't even think straight.

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Maybe if I say it enough it will come true and everything will be restored to normal in the Batman and DC Comic world and DC won't treat Batman and like Wolverine. 

I will return at some point to rant and rave about the absurdity of this decision, but for now enjoy Dick Grayson fans.


5 comments:

  1. Agreed... BRUCE WAYNE IS BATMAN. I stopped reading all of the titles a LONG time ago because they pulled this kind of junk after Batman was broken by Bane and they brought Azrael in to wear the mantle. That ENDED it for me. I was actually debating picking up DETECTIVE COMICS until I read this post. How backwards is it that I have to wait for the movies to come out in order to see it done right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment, "How backwards is it that I have to wait for the movies to come out in order to see it done right?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. I'm actually liking this idea. I see nothing wrong with Bruce and Dick sharing the Batman identity. A Bat Corps, if you will, sounds like an exciting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is wrong with you guys? Did you not like Batman Beyond? Bruce wasn't Batman then. As for being upset about Azrael being Batman, I understand, but he was someone who hadn't been involved in the comic like Dick has. And from what I have read, Dick is doing fine as Batman, so what's wrong with him sticking it out and being it with Bruce now?

    ReplyDelete